Disability Connect hosts Transition Seminars
A range of topics including but not limited to post schooling options.Auckland Events & workshops14 May 19 — 29 May 19 $50 including GST for professionals
A presentation by Lisa Martin, hosted by Disability Connect.
- Ministry of Education Transition Guidelines
- The process of ORS funding post school:
- What happens to this funding post school?
- What types of community opportunities, vocational or day programmes are available?
- Options for non-ORS funded students
- Travel costs to community or vocational Programmes
- Possible Work and Income supports for families
- Broad overview of Ministry of Health Disability Support Services
- Needs Assessment and Service Coordination during Transition stage
- Brief discussion re proposed “I Choose” model and Individualised Funding (including Respite)
- What is Welfare Guardianship and what is it used for?
- Question and Answer time
Tuesday 14th May 7-9pm
Mt Richmond Special School, 30 Albion Road, Otahuhu
Wednesday 29th May 12-2pm
Disability Connect premises, 3b Olive Road, Penrose
Disability Connect now charges $50 including GST for each professional attending (working in the disability sector) attending our seminars. This can be paid by cash, cheque (made out to our full organisation name Parent and Family Resource Centre Inc.) or direct debit. Refunds will only be given if you cancel and this must be made at least 24 hours prior to the seminar. Please phone to cancel.
There is no charge for parents or family members attending.
RSVP is essential: 09 636 0351 or email@example.com