Disability Connect hosts Transition Seminars in Canterbury
A range of topics including but not limited to post schooling options.Rangiora and Christchurch Events & workshops $50 including GST for professionals
A presentation by Lisa Martin, Director of Complex Care Group and previously CEO of Disability Connect, Parent & Family Resource Centre Inc. trading as Disability Connect
IHC North Canterbury Association brings Lisa Martin from Auckland to deliver two free seminars for people with a disability and their parents and / or caregivers.
Topics covered in this informal seminar are:
- Ministry of Education Transition Guidelines
- The process of ORS funding post school:
- What happens to this funding post school?
- What types of community opportunities, vocational or day programmes are available?
- Options for non-ORS funded students
- Travel costs to community or vocational Programmes
- Possible Work and Income supports for families
- Broad overview of Ministry of Health Disability Support Services
- Needs Assessment and Service Coordination during Transition stage
- Brief discussion re proposed “I Choose” model and Individualised Funding (including Respite)
- What is Welfare Guardianship and what is it used for?
- Question and Answer time
Time and Date: 3pm on Sunday 14 April 2019
Venue: Rakahuri Innovative Learning Environment, Rangiora High School, 125 East Belt, Rangiora
Afternoon tea will be proved at the conclusion of the Seminar and will give those attending an opportunity to connect with other young people, families and caregivers
Time and Date: 11.30am on Monday 15 April 2019
Venue: Haeata Community Campus, 240 Breezes Road, Wainoni, Christchurch
The seminar is being run in conjunction with the Next Steps Expo
Disability Connect now charges $50 including GST for each professional attending (working in the disability sector) attending our seminars. This can be paid by cash, cheque (made out to our full organisation name Parent and Family Resource Centre Inc.) or direct debit. Refunds will only be given if you cancel and this must be made at least 24 hours prior to the seminar. Please phone to cancel.
There is no charge for parents or family members attending.
Please RSVP to Kay Pearce at firstname.lastname@example.org or 027 448 0112 by Monday 8 April 2019 to ensure sufficient resources are available and for afternoon tea being held in Rangiora on Sunday 14 April 2019.Please view the attached flier