ĀKAU are seeking a Workshop Facilitator for their Kaikohe office
Do you have a passion for youth education and development? Previous experience working in youth or community development would be an advantage as well as knowledge of Kaupapa Māori, tikanga and Te Reo.Kaikohe Jobs & volunteering
ĀKAU’s Workshop Facilitator will assist in the planning and facilitation of creative youth workshops. They will work in a tight (positive!) team environment to ensure relevant and contextual workshops are delivered within communities in Kaikohe and surrounding areas.
They are looking for an adaptable facilitator with a passion for youth education and development. This role requires strong communication skills. Previous experience working in youth or community development would be an advantage as well as knowledge of Kaupapa Māori, tikanga and Te Reo.
Their workshops are based around hands-on, project based, innovative learning. This means that sometimes we are required to get involved in the making of a community project, or to help young people work through the design process - so experience in the creative field would be an advantage. This could range from experience in design, architecture, graphic design, music, art etc but is not imperative.
- Designing and Delivering youth education workshops in the Kaikohe/Tai Tokerau region and beyond
- Implementing the ĀKAU Evaluation Strategy and utilising evaluation findings to enhance workshop direction
- Strengthening and maintaining working relationships within the community
- Working collaboratively with our team!
- Integration of Ka Hikitia, the Pasifika Education Plan and Success for All into Workshops
- Understanding and integration of the Treaty of Waitangi
- Attending ĀKAU staff training/leadership hui
- Commitment to the ĀKAU team culture and kaupapa
- Continued Professional Development
THE IDEAL PERSON WILL HAVE:
- Experience in education, youth work, group facilitation
- An ability to work with a diverse range of groups, individuals and cultures
- Ability to use a strength based approach coupled with a passion to facilitate positive change
- Able to work independently and as part of a team
- Strong communication skills, oral and written
- Skills/experience in a creative field
- Full Clean NZ License. At times you will be responsible for driving workshop participants.
- Applicants will be subject to NZ Police Vetting in line with ‘Vulnerable Children’s legislation’
- NZ Resident or valid work visa