WelTec Youth Development Tutor
WelTec is seeking a permanent full-time Youth Development Tutor to to join their School of Social Services.WelTec, Porirua, Wellington Jobs & volunteering
Mai ki ahau, he aha te mea nui o te ao?
Are you passionate about influencing the education of New Zealand's future generation of youth workers and social workers? If this sounds like you, then WelTec have an exciting opportunity which has arisen, so they would like to hear from you.
Te Hau Tapu me te Puna Oranga, WelTec's School of Health and Social services, is seeking to employ a tutor to join the Youth Development degree teaching team on their journey to becoming Aotearoa's leading youth development education provider.
The position is full-time and based in Porirua, Wellington.
The successful candidate must possess the following:
- A Masters or PhD qualification in an associated field (education, youth development etc)
- Korowai Tupu registration
- Relevant experience in the youth development industry
- Experience in teaching and a relevant qualification would be an added bonus
- An ability to adapt teaching practices to meet the needs of a diverse range of students
- A student-centred focus and skills in relationship building with students
- Ability to work effectively as part of a dedicated teaching team and members of the wider WelTec and Whitireia community
- Exemplary communication skills
- Flexibility and the ability to adapt and problem-solve
The successful applicant will also be expected to contribute to the development of teaching and assessment material for the programme and support students with the development of literacy and numeracy skills.
If you enjoy working as part of a dynamic team, have great communication skills and would like to join a fast-paced environment where you can undertake new challenges, we would like to hear from you.
Please note it is important that you complete all sections of the online application.
For other information please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications close Sunday, 20 January 2019.Apply here