The strength of Ara Taiohi comes from our members. Together, we create a committed, nationwide movement of people who work with young people. Our collective skills, knowledge, passion and connections will help shape an Aotearoa/New Zealand where young people are valued, included and thrive. Join our diverse membership, spread right across the country!
When you join Ara Taiohi, you agree to our kaupapa.
Find out more about us, what membership offers you and how to join.
We have designed our membership structure to make it as accessible as possible with the addition of a tiny group category and the removal of all caps on the number of relational members who can receive benefits of membership attached to group memberships.
- People who have been personal members because they are part of a smaller youth organisation, or a youth-focussed team within a larger organisation, that previously didn’t fit or couldn’t afford our small group membership can now join in the tiny group category and share membership benefits with unlimited relational members within a wider team.
- A youth organisation who has only 4 paid staff but 1000 volunteers can still fit into the small group category and share membership benefits with their volunteers
*unlimited relational members
|Korowai Tupu Member or Accredited Member - Full time (30+ hours)||$150|
|Korowai Tupu Member or Accredited Member - Part time (less than 30 hours)||$90|
|Korowai Tupu Member or Accredited Member - Student or Volunteer||$75|
|Group tiny* (1-2 paid staff)||$100|
|Group small* (3-7 paid staff)||$165|
|Group medium* (8-17 paid staff)||$385|
|Group large* (18+ paid staff)||$550|
The numbers attributed to the different group tiers in the membership structure are only a guideline to assess which tier you belong to, based on the number of paid staff within the organisation whose work supports young people.
We have an annual renewal date of 1 July for membership fees – this means if you sign up during the year you would pay a percentage according to a pro-rated payment system until you are aligned with the renewal date.
What you get
- Get connected
- Whakawhanaungatanga and manaakitanga
- Local and regional networks
- Forums, training, hui and fono
- Links across youth health, youth work, youth justice, education
- Involve conferences
- Credible, effective voice on youth issues
- Rōpu in special interest/identity areas e.g. youth health, youth work, Māori
- Youth Week to celebrate and promote young people and the people who support them
- Ways of working that recognise young people’s unique identity in Aotearoa/New Zealand
- Partnerships with tangata whenua, community, government, private and philanthropic sectors
- Get informed
- Access to the latest information, our searchable resource centre, training and professional development opportunities relevant to taiohi/young people
- Regular e-updates, opportunities to contribute to submissions and participate in caucuses
- Access to research, evaluation and good practice
- Get stronger
- Access to an interactive training database on topics such as core competencies and Treaty-based training
- Promotion of best practice through access to external supervisor directory and user-friendly training database
- Access to quality self-assessment tools
- Professional association for youth workers
- Code of Ethics for youth workers
What you give
When you join Ara Taiohi you bring and share: