Ara Taiohi, Praxis and Youth Work Wellington warmly invite you to attend the 2017 Youth Development PD Festival, to be held May 15-19.
You are warmly invited to jump into some great learning opportunities for youth workers in May. Programme information can be found here.
Registrations are now open for the following workshops:
- To influence policy and practice in work with young people.
The PD Festival celebrates the diverse contexts of working alongside young people in Aotearoa/NZ and brings together pioneers and thought leaders in youth development from NZ, South Africa, USA, Canada, India and the Pacific. The week will create opportunities to engage with our guests through structured workshops and informal conversations over coffee.
The week has been organised by a network of like-minded groups and will involve a series of workshops and open events hosted by different groups around the Wellington CBD. Some of the events have a cost (you will need to register early as numbers are limited), there are also some ‘walk up’ events and free stuff.
- Swap notes with youth workers and youth work educators from across the Pacific and Australia
- Get input from some of the Circle of Courage pioneers
- Help launch the new professional association for NZ youth workers (opportunity to become a founding member)
- Try out the next generation of the RAP course (RAP2Grow)
- Bring a group of local and overseas resource people together for a week in Wellington to facilitate a series of events: workshops, forums and conversations around best practice in the development of young people.
- The events would be aimed at practitioners and policy makers.
- The events will be hosted and resourced by a coalition of interested groups from government, community and tertiary education sectors.
- Each event in the series would be hosted by a different group; hosting groups would provide a venue and catering as their contribution.
Please come back here for updates & follow the Facebook page.