The first intake for membership of Korowai Tupu:
- opens from Friday 19 May 2017
- completed applications need to be received by midday Friday 30 June 2017
- applications will be considered by the Membership Committee over July and you will be contacted if an interview is required or kanohi-ki-te-kanohi has been requested - to queue up a date
- decisions will be ratified at the 15 August 2017 Korowai Tupu Rōpū hui and applicants will be informed after
We aim to run a second intake before the end of 2017, and from there three each calendar year. Dates for future intakes will be posted in the coming weeks.
- Applications are submitted online, electronic via email and post for paper copy.
- A letter acknowledging application is written and sent with a copy invoice for the $90 (GST excl) application fee to applicant. If information is missing then this is also requested.
- Police check completed.
- A membership team is formed. Care is taken to ensure any context/specialist expertise required is included in this group. If this is not possible context/specialist support will be sought from leaders in Korowai Tupu or the wider Ara Taiohi whānau.
- Where appropriate the Membership Team may request a meeting kanohi ki te kanohi with the applicant (and any support people), or complete additional referee checks.
- Decisions of the membership committee will be unanimous. Where this is not possible advice/guidance will be sought from the Korowai Tupu Rōpū.
- Recommendation of the membership team is referred to the Korowai Tupu Rōpū.
For further details on this process read our Membership Procedure document
There are several ways you can apply for membership with Korowai Tupu:
- Online - link to our online application form - please note there is a 25 MB limit for uploads with the online application so please ensure files aren't unnecessarily large. If certain documents need to be emailed because they are too large to upload please send them to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Electronic - download the Korowai Tupu Membership Application Form, complete and email with supporting documents to email@example.com
- Paper - download Korowai Tupu Membership Application Form and mail with supporting documents to Korowai Tupu, Ara Taiohi, PO Box 6886, Marion Square, Wellington 6141
Applications can be supported by:
- Kanohi-ki-te-kanohi (online or in person) with the selection panel. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to work out the best arrangement. For in person hui where travel for the selection panel is required - travel costs of the selection panel and applicant will need to be covered by the applicant - but please note we will work with you to make the in person option as affordable and easy as possible You will still need to complete the application form - but can leave the competency questions for discussion with the panel
- Videos are accepted for competency questions and for referees to speak to your application - please contact email@example.com to organise sharing files with us as part of your application
For the application you will be asked to:
- share details of your practice experience/qualifications/training - including documentation of formal qualifications
- speak to your understanding of the Core Competencies
- share two references - one from a manager or supervisor and one from a young person you have worked with
- complete a police check
- share a current CV
- share two copies of ID
For further details on all the information and documentation you will need to support your application check out our What You Need to Know info sheet. This is an important guide and includes more detail than is summarised here.
For support with your application refer to our Sample Application (to come) and if you have any questions contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Completing a Police check is a requirement of entry to Korowai Tupu – but please note that outcomes of the check don’t necessarily determine eligibility.
If you are aware your police check will reveal convictions and would like to provide additional information about your police check and/or your journey since any conviction received please note it in your application.
Where there are any concerns regarding the results of your police check we will contact you to discuss this and what options there are moving forward.
All police check results will be held in accordance with the Privacy Act 1993.
If you have any concerns we would encourage you to contact Jane Zintl on email@example.com
The Police Vetting Service requires:
- a completed Police Vetting Service Request & Consent Form
- copies of two eligible forms of ID - verified by an Identity Referee - details on eligible forms of ID and Identity Referees can be found in the users guide.