Youth Week 2019: 18 - 26 May 2019!
Youth Week 2019 grants will fund events that celebrate and create youth development for young people in the community with the support of the Ministry of Youth Development.
Youth Week grants aim to:
- Support young people’s participation in the planning and delivery of Youth Week events in their communities.
- Promote and celebrate positive images of young people; showcasing their talents, achievements, creativity and contributions to the community.
- Create spaces for young people to share their thoughts and ideas with other members of the community.
- Create youth development opportunities and youth developed resources.
Only applications received from Ara Taiohi members and schools will be considered. If you are not sure if you are a member check out if your organisation is listed here or contact Shannan.
Youth Week events must:
- Fit with the Youth Week theme: ‘We are more than you see; He wai hōhonu a mātou’. Find out more about previous Youth Week Events here and read more on the theme here.
- Use a positive youth development approach to design, develop, deliver and evaluate the Youth Week event.
- Ensure youth participation is a key feature of the event from its inception to evaluation.
- Create youth development opportunities (leadership, mentoring and volunteering) in your community.
- Positively and actively promote young people by showcasing their talents, achievements and contributions to the community.
- Promote the engagement of young people throughout the event – preferably through photos or other media.
- The grant is for an event that runs during Youth Week 2019, 18-26 May 2019.
- Grants available are between $350 - $1000
- Only a very small proportion (less than 10% up to $50) of the entire grant is able to be used for prizes.
- All successful recipients must share photos and details of their event on our website, Facebook page and Twitter feed (providing that permission has been obtained from the people featured in the photos).
- All successful recipients must arrange to distribute the MYD participant survey to young people engaged in your event
- At the conclusion of Youth Week, all successful recipients must report all necessary information to Ara Taiohi in a timely fashion.
Download the application and critera forms below:
A panel of young people will review applications and allocate the funds.
- How do I design an event?
- Check out our "Tips to Create your Youth Week Event" handout.
- How do I promote my event?
- Check out our Media toolkit.
- What is the closing date?
- Friday 22nd February 2019 at 5pm.