Youth Week 2017 grants will fund events that celebrate and create youth development opportunities for young people in the community with the support of the Ministry of Youth Development.
Youth Week grants are now closed. Thank you for you applications. We will be contacting applicants during the week of March 13th.
Youth Week grants aim to:
- Support young people’s participation in the planning and delivery of Youth Week events in their communities.
- Promote and celebrate positive images of young people; showcasing their talents, achievements, creativity and contributions to the community.
- Create spaces for young people to share their thoughts and ideas with other members of the community.
- Create youth development opportunities and youth developed resources.
Youth Week events must:
- Fit with the Youth Week theme: ‘Our voices count; count our voices.’ Find out more about previous Youth Week Events here and read more on this year's theme here.
- Use a positive youth development approach to design, develop, deliver and evaluate the Youth Week event.
- Ensure youth participation is a key feature of the event from its inception to closing.
- Create youth development opportunities in your community.
- Positively and actively promote young people by showcasing their talents, achievements and contributions to the community.
- The grant is for an event that runs during Youth Week 2017, 26 May – 4 June 2017.
- Grants are limited to between $350-750.
- Only a very small proportion (less than 10% or $50) of the entire grant is able to be used for prizes.
- All successful recipients must share photos and details of their event on our website, Facebook page and Twitter feed (providing that permission has been obtained from the people featured in the photos).
- At the conclusion of Youth Week, all successful recipients must report all necessary information to Ara Taiohi in a timely fashion
A panel of young people will review applications and allocate the funds.
What is a youth development opportunity?
A youth development opportunity refers to a place on or participation in a youth development programme for an identifiable participant. The focus is on opportunities such as:
- leadership: of self, of others, and/or influence
- mentoring: for the participant or the participant mentoring others
How do I promote my event?
How do I apply?
- Download the Grant criteria form
- Download the Application Form
- Email or post your application (Ara Taiohi, PO Box 6886, Marion Square, Wellington 6141)
- Applications must be received by 24 February 2017.