Youth Week 2018 grants will fund events that celebrate and create youth development opportunities for young people in the community with the support of the Ministry of Youth Development.
Youth Week grants are now open! Check out the info below:
Would you like support with planning your Youth Week event? Check out our "Tips to Create your Youth Week Event" handout.
Applications for Youth Week Grants close 5pm, 1 March 2018.
Youth Week grants aim to:
- Support young people’s participation in the planning and delivery of Youth Week events in their communities.
- Promote and celebrate positive images of young people; showcasing their talents, achievements, creativity and contributions to the community.
- Create spaces for young people to share their thoughts and ideas with other members of the community.
- Create youth development opportunities and youth developed resources.
Youth Week events must:
- Fit with the Youth Week theme: ‘Be who you want to be!’ Find out more about previous Youth Week Events here.
- Use a positive youth development approach to design, develop, deliver and evaluate the Youth Week event.
- Ensure youth participation is a key feature of the event from its inception to closing.
- Positively and actively promote young people by showcasing their talents, achievements and contributions to the community.